Sunday, October 10, 2004

Game Dev Status

Monthly total around 4 hours; yearly total approaching 310 hours.

I'm working on the AI code for plotting Assaults this evening. I just spent the last 20 or so minutes re-reading the PC version of the rules in order to come up with a first draft prioritization scheme for choosing targets of an Assault.

Have I ever mentioned what a bloody joy it is to be working on the AI for a game system involving facings (especially vertex facings combined with hex sides) and multi-hex formations? It's not terribly fun sometimes. When my brain is fried, as it is now, I do wish AH had stayed in business. A few years back we were working on the fourth installment of their World at War series. No facing at all! Much easier to design AI to handle basic combat for such a game.

Ah well, if it was easy, anyone could do it. The caffeine has started to kick in, back to work for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home