Saturday, April 05, 2008

Game Development Status 4/5/08

monthly total 2 h 24 m; yearly total: 24 h 30 m

Things are moving right along. I created a new test scenario in the database. I found 6 places in the code where scenario numbers were hard-coded into configuration and reporting logic. I coded around them and got it to work. This test scenario is the one I have been using for the last couple of years. It's based on the Opening Moves, but has only one division on each side: French IV/2 and Russian 8th Div.

In general, I'm continuing to work on decoupling the AI from the main thread. I've made good progress. Movement is working fine. I'm now working problems related to conduct of fire...it seems AI infantry units are firing at target units further than one hex away (a no-no according to the rules). I think the problem is that the AI units' locations are not being updated after movement. When the AI plots fire, it is basing this on its movement plots' locations, not on realithy.

Aside from this I'm working a small number of bugs that have come up during the AI decoupling. This helps to take my mind off the large number of bugs already on the list. I'll go though a stabilization pass shortly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home