Thursday, June 30, 2005

Origins 2005 Day 1 Report

I am blogging this at Javas Cyber Espresso Bar at the Greater Columbus Convention Center, home to Origins 2005. Click on the Javas WebCam link to see Origins in action!

This first day has been a very good one. Charlie had exhibitor badges waiting for us at con registration. We added some "War Room" credentials and setup in the War Room hall, run by the Columbus Area Boardgaming Society (CABS). These are really friendly folks.

We had a number of people come by. Everyone seemed to like the look of the game, and were eager for us to get it out the door. A couple of people wondered why we didn't publish an initial version without the full AI. Hmm...

The dealer's room was awesome, as usual. I made the rounds of the booths, shopping for my purchases later this weekend. I did make one purchase: I bought several back issues of Knights of the Dinner Table. Kudos to the gentleman who checked me out, Mike Plemmons. He gave me a copy of the Hackmaster Player's Handbook and the Gamemaster's Guide. My gaming group is definitely going to play now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home