Tuesday, January 25, 2005

XBox ate my homework (or at least my weekend)

My parents gave me an XBox for Christmas. Well, actually they intended to give me one, but the XBox was hard to find in stores. It arrived on the scene last Friday, along with copy of Star Wars: Battlefront. I really like the game. I enjoy playing Star Wars characters, the gameplay is engaging, and my nephew has the game for his PS2. As an added plus, each scenario runs around 10-15 minutes, so there are built in stopping points for snacks, bathroom, housework, and so on. I especially like the multiple opportunities to make my saving throw versus computer games.

Then there is the reason I hinted I was interested in an XBox in the first place: the copies of Halo and Halo 2 I won at an MSDN event in November. I am roughly 80% finished with Halo at this time. I was up late Saturday and Monday nights, and Sunday went bye-bye! Awesome game! I have to say I am very happy with my console gaming experience -- the controller is much easier on the hands than a keyboard and mouse.

Needless to say, I did no work on Eylau over the weekend, aside from a half-hour Friday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home