Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The Day Job (again)

Well, it turns out that I've been doing AJAX for the most part since 1999, excepting that I haven't been using asynchronous XMLHttpRequest and I've done my work in VBScript. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

In any event, I replaced the DLL containing the XML with an XMLHttpRequest invocation, and everything worked fine. Next, I will secretly replace the DLL with these "Folger's Crystals" in production, and see how it goes. If our bandwidth doesn't spike too badly, I will keep it and produce some web-based tools allowing on-the-fly editing of default rates plus the creation of custom ratebooks. I'll also add code allowing a ratebook to be associated with a customer, so selecting a customer in the system automatically pulls their ratebook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home