Monday, September 26, 2005

Wasting some days again, in margaRITAville...

I made it through Hurricane Rita. Well, most everyone did. I spent a total of 7 hours in traffic trying to move around (successfully) and out of (unsuccessfully) the city. After making two miles in two hours Thursday morning, my fiance and I turned around [and] "sheltered" at her west side apartment. We watched a lot of TV, ate a bit of food, held hands a lot, and so on. I did manage to squeeze in an hour on the game Saturday night after we moved the furniture back.

The Six Dumbest Ideas in Computer Security has been making the rounds at the office. I don't work on the system admin side of the house, but I have to pay attention to some security concerns as I develop apps. This article is a good, thought-provoking read that helps keep your head in the game. Check out the link [within the article] to the Feynman article on the reliability of the Shuttle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home