Saturday, June 12, 2010

Rolling Along...

I put in another hour and a half on the PIC-Guam prototype today. I am finishing up some additional features for movement. Today I was working on the rule that says a unit can't move from one Zone of Control (ZOC) directly to another. I moved the Hexes from the Game class to be a static member of the Hex class...this makes it easier to access everywhere I need it, and it turns out I need it everywhere. No problem: I relocated the declaration and "rode the compiler" to fix all references.

I'm very pleased with how quickly I can put together meaningful features using C# and LINQ techniques. Using extension methods and lambda expressions, I write terse code with minimal ceremony that is relevant to the requirements.

I like my chances of completing this game in 1000 hours (of effort).

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home